The 1st International Piano Competition of Chinese Compositions
The International Piano Competition of Chinese Compositions is an event sponsored by the German Art Association for the Advancement of the Chinese Culture. It aims to promote cultural exchange between China and western countries and to strengthen inter-cultural understanding. The competition is open to pianists of all ages. The hope is to not only give pianists an opportunity to display their abilities, but also to provide a platform to enhance progress by sharing ideas and exchanging learning opportunities. Also, it is intended to provide audiences, both Chinese living abroad and Europeans, with opportunities to listen to more Chinese compositions and deepen their understanding of Chinese piano music, as well as to enable more friends from other cultures to experience Chinese music culture.
The Articles of Association of the 1st International Piano Competition of Chinese Compositions
Rules and regulations
- Venue：Madrid Spain
- Competition Dates: 21st to 23rd August,2017
- Registration Deadline：30th June, 2017
- Registration fee：Amateur Category 39 Euros，Professional Category 60 Euros, Original Chinese Compositions Category 39 Euros
(Participants registering for two categories are only required to pay the fee of the category with the higher fee)
- Category and Age Group, Repertoire:
|Amateur Category||Age||Repertoire Requirements (Duration of Performance)|
|Children Group A||Under 9 years old
(Born after 1st Jan., 2008)
|Children Group B||Under 12 years old
(Born after 1st Jan., 2005)
|Preliminary: one piece of own choice (7 min.)|
|Youth Group A||Under 15 years old
(Born after 1st Jan., 2002)
|Finals: two pieces including one Chinese Composition (12 min.)|
|Youth Group B||Under 18 years old
(Born after 1st Jan., 1999)
|Adult Group||Over 18 years old
(Born before 31st Dec.,1998)
|Professional Category||Age||Repertoire Requirements (Duration of Performance)|
|Youth Group||Under 18 years old
(Born after 1st Jan., 1999)
|Preliminary: two pieces including one Chinese composition (12 min.)|
|Adult Group||Over 18 years old
(Born before 31st Dec., 1998)
|Final: two or more pieces including one Chinese composition (20 min.)|
|Original Chinese Compositions Category*||Age||Repertoire Requirements (Duration of Performance)|
|Original Chinese Piano Compositions Category||No age limit||Preliminary: two pieces including one original Chinese composition (12 min.)
Finals:one or more original Chinese compositions (20 min.)
* The composer can play the piece himself or invite a pianist to play. If a pianist is invited, the composer does not have to be there. The composer of the winning piece will be awarded by the committee for “original Chinese composition award”, and the performer will be awarded for “new Chinese music award”.
- During the competition, the panel of adjudicators has the right to make decisions regarding the duration of the participant’s performance according to the circumstances. This will not affect the adjudication of the contestant’s score.
- Reference books of Chinese music works:
People’s Music Publishing House: “zhong guo gang qin zuo pin xuan” etc.
- Should any changes be made to the repertoire for the competition, the competition’s organizing committee must be informed of these via e-mail by 30th July 2017. Any changes to the repertoire made by the participant during the course of the competition will adversely affect the adjudication results by the panel of adjudicators.
- Decisions made by the panel of adjudicators during all segments of the competition are final and unchangeable. Candidates may not appeal against jury decisions.
- The competition’s organizing committee is solely responsible for and reserves all rights to all audio and video recordings, radio and television broadcasts, broadcasts on the internet, the winning participants’ concert and all related events of the competition. The organizing committee holds the copyrights to all audio and video recording products with no payment to the participants. All rights, including copyrights, to the winning work(s) of the Original Chinese Composition Category belong to the composer.
- The preliminary rounds of the competition are not open to the public.
- The panel of adjudicators reserves the right to adjust the number and amounts of the awards and special awards in accordance with the circumstances during the competition.
- All winning participants must attend the closing ceremony and the winning participants’ concert; any absence will automatically disqualify the participant from winning the award.
- The registration fee is not refundable.
- The participant is to complete the registration and agree with the above provisions.
- The competition’s organizing committee holds the rights to the interpretation of The Articles of Association.
The Committee of the 1st International Piano Competition of Chinese Compositions
1st April, 2017
- Awards for each category’s groups are First Prize, Second Prize, Third Prize, Prize of Chinese Works, Performance Award and Excellence Award respectively.
- Awards for the Original Chinese Compositions Category are Original Chinese Compositions Award(Composer) and New Chinese Music Award(Pianist).
- The competition’s organizing committee will award the Excellent Instructor Award to the instructors of the prize winners. Instructors who have three or more students qualifying for the final rounds will also be awarded with the “Excellent Instructor Award“.
Telephone: +34 62216 2578 ( Español 10.00-13.00)
+34 64011 2638 (中文)
+34 60261 8958 (中文)
+86 185 6176 7838 (中文/English)
Interested participants may send their name, date of birth, e-mail address and telephone number to the following e-mail address:
The registration form will be sent to the submitted e-mail address within two working days. Alternatively, the online registration method may be used to fill in and submit the registration information.
German Art Association for the Advancement of the Chinese Culture
I e.V., Verein zur Förderung der Chinesischen Kunst und Kultur
The organizing committee of the China international piano competition
The International Piano Competition of Chinese Composition Committee
Spanish association of home of Chinese cultural cooperation
asociacion de cooperacion cultural casa china en España
Polimusica S.A.en Madrid